Thursday, January 15, 2009

Adding Blog Hyperlinks to Your Site

As you can see, I've added hyperlinks to all of your blogs (all the blogs I've gotten so far) to my blog site. And you can too! Before you can, though, you'll need to know all of the hyperlinks. You can do that by going to your fellow students' sites (from here), copying the hyperlinks, and then pasting them into the right spot -- which I'll tell you below.

Here's how it's done.

After you sign in to your site...

Hit the Customize tab at the top of the page (on the blue line that runs across the top, to the right).

On the next page, hit the Layout tab.

On the next page, hit the Add a Gadget tab.

On that page, you can make some changes to what it will look like on your page, such as the title of the list of links. (For instance, I titled mine "All of You")

When you get bored with that, hit Add to List.

A box will come up where you will paste in the URL.

Hit Add.

On the next page, you can either hit Add to List again, or hit Save.

Once you get one address up there, then you can edit all your lists from your page by hitting the little wrench and screwdriver icon that will appear on your page below you list.

Simple stuff... maybe (it took me about an hour to figure this out, but I'm persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment